The City of Adelaide hosts a number of ceremonies during the year at which those who have been accepted as new citizens of Australia make their pledge and receive their Citizenship certificates. The following dates for 2019 are:
- Friday 25 January | Adelaide Town Hall | 10.30 am – 11.30 am
- Friday 29 March | Adelaide Town Hall | 10.30 am – 11.30 am
- Friday 24 May | Adelaide Town Hall | 10.30 am – 11.30 am
- Monday 15 July | Adelaide Town Hall | 10.30 am – 11.30 am
- Tuesday 17 September | Adelaide Town Hall | 10.30 am – 11.30 am
- Friday 15 November | Adelaide Town Hall | 10.30 am – 11.30 am
If you have any queries about your citizenship eligibility, please contact the Department of Home Affairs on 131 880.
Australia Day Awards
The City of Adelaide is a major supporter of the Australia Day Council of South Australia, a registered charity whose aim is to inspire national pride and spirit to enrich the life of all Australians. It works with and for the community to unite the people of South Australia, to celebrate excellence in our communities and to debate and discuss our national identity.
The Australia Day Council of South Australia coordinates the Australian of the Year Awards for South Australia, celebrating the achievement and contribution of eminent Australians who are role models for us all. They inspire us through their achievements and challenge us to make our own contribution to creating a better Australia.
The Australian of the Year Awards provides all Australians with the opportunity to recognise someone who makes them proud.
Nominations for 2019 awards in the City of Adelaide will be accepted until Friday 7 December. Information on how to nominate an individual or organisation for an Award can be found on the Citizen of the Year Awards page.Back to Top