Searches - Section 7 & 187 Certificates Now Online
We provide Council Rates Searches (Section 7) under Section 7 of the Land and Business (Sale and Conveyancing) Act 1994 and Chapter 10 of the Local Government Act 1999. The request is completed for persons with an interest in the land with regard to a property transaction. We therefore require the following information for each search request:
- A copy of the relevant certificate(s) of title
- The purpose of the request and what relationship the requestor has with the subject land
- Payment details in the form of online payment
- The type of search required (full standard search or rates only)
As per Government Gazettes of 31 May 2018 and 21 June 2018, the fees for the 2018/2019 Financial year were set at:
- Section 187: $33.25 – 48 hour turnaround
- Section 7: $23.80 – 8 day turnaround
A full Search is $33.25 + 23.80 = $57.05 and has an 8 day turnaround
The above fees are per certificate of title and will now be required upon submission.
Unfortunately at this stage the City of Adelaide is unable to provide urgent searches.
How to Request a Search Online
You will need to register as a user, please follow the below link to do so.
Follow the steps within the below how to guide to submit your search request, your search will be returned to your nominated email address within the turnaround timeframe.
Please refer to the below links for how to guides and where to request a search.