Freedom of Information
The Freedom of Information Act, 1991 ("The Act") serves to promote openness and transparency in governance and accountability of government agencies, including Councils.
To achieve these objectives, it confers on members of the public a legally enforceable right to be given access to documents. The Act sets out the legislative requirements for how applications for access to information held by the Council, which are received from the public are to be dealt with.
Freedom of Information applications should be submitted using the correct form and be as specific as possible to enable the correct documents to be identified.
An application fee of $35.00 (updated July 2018) must accompany the application. Application forms are available from the Customer Centre or via the link provided below. Applications under this legislation will be dealt with as soon as practicable (and in any case, within 30 days) after receipt. Fees and charges will be waived for persons demonstrating financial hardship.
Under the Freedom of Information Act, a person may request a correction to any information about themselves that is incomplete, incorrect, misleading or out of date. To gain access to these Council records, a person must complete and lodge with Council an application form as indicated above outlining the records that he/she wishes to inspect.
Where the documents require amending, details of the changes should be lodged with Council’s Freedom of Information Officer.
There are no fees or charges for the lodgement or processing of this application and where significant correction of personal records is required and the mistakes were not the applicant’s, all fees and charges paid for the original application will be fully refunded.
Freedom of Information requests should be addressed to:
Freedom of Information Officer
City of Adelaide
GPO Box 2252
Adelaide SA 5001
In accordance with Part 2 of the Act, a Council must, at intervals of not more than 12 months, cause an up-to-date information statement to be published in a manner prescribed by regulation. A copy of the current information statement can be obtained below.
- Freedom Of Information Application Form - updated July 2018
- City of Adelaide Information Statement - updated July 2018
Corporate Cards Transactions
- Transactions 1 July 2018 to 31 December 2018
- Transactions Subsidiaries 1 July 2018 to 31 December 2018
- Transactions including subsidiaries 1 January 2018 to 30 June 2018
- Transactions Subsidiaries 1 January 2018 to 30 June 2018
- Transactions 1 January 2017 to 30 June 2017
- Transactions Subsidiaries 1 January 2017 to 30 June 2017
- Transactions 1 July 2017 to 31 December 2017
- Transactions Subsidiaries 1 July 2017 to 31 December 2017